Sunday, April 12, 2009

Donut Plant: peanut butter glaze and strawberry jelly


After seeing a Dunkin Donuts commercial repeat at least 9 times as I watched the Mets and Yankees both lose today, I was eager for some sweet fried dough. Luckily as I was walking to a theatre to see a show, I happened to stumble upon the world famous Donut Plant (Grand St on the lower east side). I saw them best Bobby Flay in a donut throwdown last year so I am glad I had this random chance to sample the goods.

Lotsa good options. Went for the one that most closely resembled the PB&Js I hold so close to my heart. The jelly to dough ratio was kind of perfect, just moist enough that I got a nice squish with each bite, but with enough structure that the squishes didn't end up on my shirt (even though I ate it while jogging to make it on time to the theatre!).

I'll be back for more...

Posted by ShoZu

No comments: