Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baked by melissa: one bite (birthday) cupcakes


This darling miniature cupcake shop, baked into a tiny sliver of "store-front" on Spring st (just west of Lafayette in Soho), serves up about half a dozen diminiitive delights (3 for $3, with per pastry prices diminishing with volume). I treated myself for my 29th b-day and got the peanut-butter cup, pb&j, and red velvet (for k). Mine were perfect little peanut-buttery morsels, though they (bizarrely) tasted almost identical. I suppose peanut-butter is a little dominant as a flavor.

Bonus: these tiny treasures solve my two top cupcake complaints, frosting on my schnoz and crumblage.

Gotta go back for the S'mores!

Posted by ShoZu

1 comment:

Alexia Vernon said...

I'm thinking of having a cupcake themed birthday party where guests go to 5 cupcake spots in Manhattan. What would be your picks? Sugar Sweet Sunshine is most definitely on my list!